Pagina's

zondag 11 december 2011

Amsterdam

Last week I visited a friend in Amsterdam. It had not been to Amsterdam for quite a while and it was great to be there for two days. The only bad thing about staying there were the planes, that were constantly crossing the sky, preparing to land. Sounds like thunder. We had a great time together and on the next day, last tuesday, I visited The Hermitage. At the moment (sept 17th - march 16th 2012) they present a stunning collection from the Flemish art collections of the Hermitage in St. Petersburg. The three giants of the Antwerp School included: P.P. Rubens, Anthony van Dyck and Jacob Jordaens. It was a beautiful exposition, a little crowded but enough space to explore the rooms.

Jacob Jordaens (1593–1678) en Andries Daniels (?) (ca. 1580 – na 1602),
Maria met kind in een bloemenkrans, ca. 1618, olieverf op paneel, 104 x 73,5 cm
State Hermitage Museum, St Petersburg
The painting above was one of my favorites. I really adore the flower medaillon. 
The Hermitage is a lovely museum on the outside as well as on the inside. 
Photo from suite101.com
This photo I made myself, trying to catch a little something of the atmosphere, near to The Hermitage: 

Do you see the little christmas trees on the boat? It's Christmas time is less than a month! In two weeks! Wow, time really flies. I'm so longing for some days off...can't hardly wait for it. In the time that's left waiting, this is what keeps me going: 

1 opmerking:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...